Structure reinforcement systems vary according to the region to be applied. Implementations such as beam reinforcement, column reinforcement and system improvement (steel cross) can be used according to the condition of the structures.
Bayrakcı Metal Structure Reinforcement Systems
Bayrakcı Metal applies different methods for strengthening the structures. These methods vary according to the area that is damaged, deformed or is in danger of collapse. Damaged structures can usually be strengthened by performing regional (local) practices. Depending on the condition of the building, the reinforcement apparatuses to be used vary.
Structures can be damaged due to various reasons. In cases such as earthquakes, ground problems, building fatigue and various accidents may require strengthening. There is a need to use structural reinforcement systems especially in historical buildings or structures that have been worn out over time.
Types of structure reinforcement and methods of implementations are as follows;
This method used to strengthen the beams is used for beams with insufficient shear strength. This reinforcement practice is carried out as follows;
- First of all, the stirrup bar is attached externally on the two sides of the beam on the bearing areas.
- The bars are connected to the steel profile, which is mounted under the beam with a bolt.
- Bars are put through the holes drilled in the upper laying.
- It is then bent into the slot on the laying.
- Then the gaps on the concrete are filled with concrete.
- This method can be applied using different details with the same principles.
- The externally added stirrups do not have a wrapping effect.
- Stirrups are helpful for the shear strength; they do not increase the ductility of the beam section.
- In this application, profiles and bolts should be protected against external effects.
In this method, which is used to strengthen the columns, the corners of the columns are reinforced with steel coils. This reinforcement practice is carried out as follows;
- First, four brackets are placed in the corners of the square or rectangular reinforced concrete columns.
- Then, the brackets are welded with horizontal plates arranged at regular intervals.
- It should be noted that there should not be any gap between the brackets and the reinforced concrete surfaces.
- Horizontal plates should be positioned so that they are continuous on all four surfaces.
- The gaps between the upper and lower slabs of the cornices should be removed to increase the axial load capacity of the steel coils; so it is needed to be constant.
- If it is necessary to reduce the axial pressure load of present concrete column section caused by vertical loads, the brackets are preloaded.
System Improvement - Steel Cross:
It is a reinforcement method applied with steel crosses between two column axes. It is not widely regarded as suitable for buildings in our country. In this reinforcement practice, the following points are considered;
- Steel cross systems are applied between two column axes. Therefore, it is not suitable for use in buildings in our country.
- The concrete quality should be at least “16 Mpa”, in order for the system to operate with high performance in the earthquake by conducting load transfer. But according to the statistics, the value of the buildings in Turkey is below "10 MPa".
- In addition, the steel crosses transfer the forces to the column-beam joining parts; therefore, they can cause great damage in connections without stirrups in massive earthquakes.
Bayrakcı Metal; provides structure reinforcement solutions in accordance with ISO quality standards. We design and apply your reinforcement demands for any part of the buildings in a short time. Our company, who provides service for structure reinforcement equipment in accordance with international standards, is one of the leading companies in this field.
We determine the state of your structures by on-site exploration; we will decide on the reinforcement system to be implemented together. If you want, we can also provide you alimak gate service with our projects prepared special for you.
We offer structure reinforcement systems and implementations special to your company with options suitable for your budget. Visit us, tell us about your needs, check out the options for the structure reinforcement systems, decide!
- You can contact us through the address firstname.lastname@example.org for custom design demands and structure reinforcement systems in properties that you wish. To contact us, you can give us a call or fill the form given“İletişim” section.